Hundreds upon hundreds of slip-and-fall accidents happen each year. The severity of the injuries from a fall can range from minimal to serious such as broken bones or even paralysis. These personal injuries can happen in someone’s home or in a public place. Returning to work or a normal lifestyle may be inhibited. A qualified slip-and-fall attorney can assist you in filing a suit and recouping damages from your injuries.
Steps to consider in your slip-and-fall claim:
- You will want to file your claim prior to the statute of limitations expiration. In Ohio, this time period is two years.
- Gather all pertinent information, including medical records and medical expenses. Photos of the environment can be extremely beneficial in determining the legitimacy of your claim.
- Prepare a list of all witnesses by getting each of their contact information at the time of the personal injury if possible. Witnesses can forget important details quickly and need to be contacted as soon as plausible.
- Determine if the property owner is liable for your injuries in the accident.
- Provide proof that the property owner enabled the unsafe conditions or environment that caused your fall. Contribution to the neglect usually entails spilling something and not properly cleaning it or leaving something slippery or obstructive on the floor in a heavily traveled area.
- You may also need to prove that the property owner was aware of the unsafe situation and did not take the appropriate steps in correcting it or post proper warning signs for people to avoid the situation.
If you have suffered injuries from a slip-and-fall accident in the Florence, Ohio area or areas reaching to Cincinnati, Ohio, contact our experienced and compassionate attorneys to assist you in filing your claim today.
Posted in: Personal Injury