Attorney Paul J. Dickman
Paul J. Dickman is a native of Northern Kentucky. Born in Covington in 1961, he was raised in Edgewood and Ft. Mitchell, along with his two brothers and four sisters. Paul attended St. Pius Grade School in Erlanger, and went to High School at Covington Latin School, in Covington, Kentucky. He attended Northern Kentucky University, and Chase College of Law in Highland Heights, Kentucky.
Since he started practicing law in 1993 Paul has practiced before state and federal courts throughout Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati. He has tried cases to judges and juries throughout the area and has gained an appreciation for the intricacies of the legal system that allows him to help his clients in dealing with their legal problems. He has successfully resolved complicated and overwhelming legal problems for hundreds of clients over the years.
He has successfully defended clients in courts throughout Kentucky and Ohio in state and federal criminal matters ranging from minor misdemeanors to serious felonies, including manslaughter, murder, rape, arson, and white collar crimes.
He considers himself a “Professional Problem Solver”.
“People come to me because they have a problem. That problem is usually the biggest problem in their life. Whether they have been accused of a crime, have sustained serious injuries, or have found themselves involved in civil litigation, they need help. I try to put all of the resources that I have at my disposal to helping them.
When it comes to Criminal Defense, people often ask me, ‘How can you defend criminals?’ My only response to that is that there are many people who are charged with crimes that are either completely innocent, or are charged with a crime that is much more severe than the facts support. In any event, guilty people need lawyers too. Our Court systems are set up make sure that everyone gets their day in Court and all of the facts are brought out on that day. My goal is to get you that day in Court and to solve your problem as quickly and as effectively as possible.”
Paul’s problem solving services extend into the area of personal injury and civil litigation as well. Over the years he has sustained millions of dollars for his clients for auto injuries, slip and fall cases, personal injury, animal bites, and toxic torts.
“If you are in need of legal services, we know that your legal problem is the biggest problem in your life, and we are prepared to solve that problem. Just call us. We know what to do.”
Areas of Practice
- Bad Faith Insurance
- Class Actions — Plaintiff
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Violations
- White Collar Crimes
- Personal Injury — Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents — Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- 50% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Kentucky and Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of Kentucky
- “Leaking Underground Storage Tanks: The Scope of the Regulatory Burden and Potential Remedies Under RCRA and CERCLA”, Northern Kentucky Law Review, Spring, 1994
- “Lead-Based Paint and the Law”, Lex Loci, June, 1997
- “Mold: The Next Toxic Tort”, Lex Loci, October, 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kentucky Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member
- Kentucky Academy of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Kentucky’s Legal Community, Member
- Civic Community, Member
- Board of Directors of the Northern Kentucky Bar Association, Former Member
- Kentucky Justice Association (KJA)
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Ohio Supreme Court