At Dickman Law Office we have represented hundreds of individuals over the years in variety of civil matters. These include numerous automobile accidents, dog bites, slip and fall cases, fraud cases, and environmental and toxic tort cases.
Cases are very fact specific. Therefore we stress that while your particular case may sound similar to one listed below, it is impossible to determine the value of a civil case without a full understanding of the particular facts of the case. That is why we offer free initial consultations on all civil matters.
With that in mind, here are a few highlights over the years from the archives of Dickman Law Office:
We have represented:
- 800 individuals in Latonia Kentucky regarding toxic exposure to chemical fumes from nearby factory. Settled case for $4.75 Million. See link: http://www.covingtonky.gov/index.asp?fn=news&id=899&cmonth=1&cyear=2010 findlaw http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2004/08/11/loc_kysettle11.html
- Truck Driver sustained leg injuries when hit by speeding motorist. Case settled for $300,000.00.
- Elderly woman victimized by local Bank employees. Case Settled for $450,000.00.
- Local woman suffered minor back and leg injuries when hit by semi. Case settled for $335,000.00.
- Family exposed to Chlorine gas when utility tank ruptured. Case settled for $80,000.00.
- Family exposed to gasoline fumes after leaking tanks contaminated property. Case settled for $200,000.00.
- Family lived near large drywall production plant and had claims of excessive noise and interference with their property. Defendants agreed to install multi-million dollar sound reduction technology.
- Local maritime captain who lost a finger in a boating accident. Case settled for $80,000.00.
- Minor thrown from car sustaining back and leg injuries. Case settled through a structured settlement with a present day value of $75,000.00. Minor scheduled to receive period payments throughout her life.
- Local woman defrauded by investor through Ponzi scheme. Obtained $165,000.00 judgment in Kenton Circuit Court in $35,000.00 in interest.
- Elderly woman suffered broken arm after being t-boned in an intersection in Gallatin County, Ky. Case Settled for policy limits of $50,000.00.
- Residents of local condominium complex brought suit against adjoining property owner for flooding and drainage issues. Case was settled resulting Defendants redirecting all surface waters which stopped flooding.
- Plaintiffs in class case against nursing home for deplorable conditions, neglect, and mistreatment of patients. Nursing home was closed down and case settled for confidential amount. http://www.enquirer.com/editions/pdf/KY_CE_080406.pdf
- Local contractor who fell into concealed opening in public building and sustained back injuries. Case settled for $350,000.00.
- Female motorcyclist hit by inattentive driver sustained back and leg injuries. Case settled for policy limits of $50,000.00 plus payment of medical bills.
- Minor plaintiff sustained facial injuries after being bit in face by unleashed dog. Confidential structured settlement reached.
- Student was improperly instructed on use of hydraulic nail gun, resulting in being shot in torso with 4 inch steel nail. Case settled for $45,000.00 plus medical bills.
- Passenger was injured while riding in greyhound bus that was sideswiped by tractor trailer in snow storm near Carrolton, Ky. Case settled for $50,000.00.
- Woman injured when her car was run off road by tractor trailer, sustaining lower back injuries. Case settled for $50,000.00.
- Represented young woman who sustained fractured sternum in car wreck after being hit head on. Case settled for policy limits of $100.000.00 plus payment of medical bills.