The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), and the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC), have enacted regulations to make our highways safer while sharing the road with truck drivers. These regulations include issues with the following:
- Prescription drug use
- Speeding; ignoring reduced truck speed limits
- Unfamiliarity with the road
- Over-the-counter drug use
- Inadequate truck maintenance; failure to install blind spot mirrors
- Aggressive driving behavior, forcing passenger vehicles off the road
- Failure to inspect tires, brakes and lights
- Cell-phone use
- Incorrect or unsecure load
- Incomplete or inadequate training
However, truckers in every industry are advised to make their deliveries in the timeliest manner possible, and negligent behavior from the drivers continues. Wrecks involving semi-trucks are some of the most devastating to their victims, often resulting in horrific injuries or even death.
Receiving compensation for accidents involving negligent truck drivers , or trucking companies is burdensome. Our Cincinnati Truck Accident Attorneys can guide you and ensure you are awarded the money you deserve.